Tuesday, June 27, 2006

100 things about me

Why not, everyone else seems to have a list.
1 In Meyers-Briggs tests I end up INTP or INTJ
2 I am neither right nor left handed.
3 I changed my Major seven times in college
4 I graduated in 4 1/2 years from UW-RF
5 I was born in Viroqua, Wisconsin
6 I am a Scorpio
7 I was born in the year of the sheep
8 My favorite drink in college was Windsor and Coke
9 I was in 4-H and got the key award
10 I was in the Tau Kappa Epsilon fraternity
11 I was in the Sigma Tau Gamma fraternity
12 I can play trombone
13 I can play guitar
14 I like playing Sheepshead better than Euchre
15 I have one sister
16 I was a first-born child
17 I have half Norwegian heritage
18 I wear glasses
19 I was Treasurer and V.P. of Student Senate at UW-RF
20 I was never in student council in High School
21 I hate leaving phone messages
22 I was named after my dad, Donald and my grandfather, Guy
23 I wish my dad had really put a silent 5 in the middle of my name
24 I still believe a man's word should be his bond
25 I hate having a TV in the bedroom
26 I have never watched "The Wizard of Oz" from beginning to end.
27 I'm a dog person
28 I worked for my first pony, Starrdust, when I was 4.
29 I drove a tractor when I was 3
30 I dislike cooked peas
31 I enjoy shocking people
32 I like puzzles, but not jigsaw puzzles.
33 My IQ is somewhere between 130 and 140
34 Both my parents and my sister are teachers. I am not.
35 I broke my right arm in the fifth grade
36 I have had mono
37 I worked for GM one summer in Ft. Wayne, IN
38 I saved my UAW union card from GM
39 I have a FCC broadcast license
40 I have a CDL for class BCDM with tanker and airbrake endorsements
41 I enjoy using the library system
42 My singing voice is baritone, but I sang bass in high school
43 I've been in love with Rachel since we met in 1990. We wed in 1992
44 We were engaged for two years
45 I'm on my third wedding ring
46 I sometimes really miss chewing tobacco
47 I am proud of my children and love them for who they are
48 "get a passport" has been on my to do list for >7 years
49 I got run over by a manure spreader when I was 4
50 I am sick of hearing "Old Time Rock and Roll" at dances
51 I used to have pet snakes
52 I named one of them Adolph , but spelled it 8-off
53 I used to collect keys, but don't know what happened to them
54 I have lived by my self
55 I usually sneeze in groups of three
56 Three is a favorite number
57 I was born on the Third of November, a Friday, it snowed that day.
58 I like to whistle Christmas songs in the summer
59 I have received two speeding tickets. The first in 1985.
60 The second ticket was in 2005.
61 I had a college job of cleaning a bar one summer.
62 I worked at a golf course for two summers.
63 I worked one summer at Northern Engraving in Sparta
64 The last Packer game I went to was Monday, Oct. 17, 1983. 48-47 over Redskins
65 I need to raise my HDL cholesterol
66 I have mitral valve prolapse (MVP)
67 I didn't have braces, but should still brush better
68 I'm allergic to some pollens and dust
69 I can wiggle my ears
70 I hunt squirrels and deer. ( and cook and eat them)
71 I never had a BB gun as a kid
72 One of my nick names in college was Honest or Honest Don or HD
73 One of the most important things I learned in college was that professors can be petty
74 I once took an introvert / extrovert test and was exactly in the middle!
75 Politically I am most like Libertarians
76 I learned to play baritone for Handel's Water Music in Jr. High
77 I once read a romance book, just so I could criticize them all
78 I once fell asleep at a hockey game, OK passed out.
79 My first motorcycle trip was over 200 miles, then I got my license
80 I've been a member of five different churches, 2 Methodist, 3 ELCA
81 I've owned 4 different houses.
82 My wisdom teeth were pulled when they came in
83 I seriously considered going into the ministry
84 I used to play Dungeons and Dragons in High School.
85 I've been to Devil's Tower in Wyoming
86 I went to Bozeman on my honeymoon (and Yellowstone)
87 I like fresh, warm, squeaky cheese curds
88 I have had "that perfect moment" while performing
89 I have no regrets in my life, embarrassment and humiliation yes, but not regrets
90 I like salt
91 I have shook the hand of Bill Proxmire and Tony Earl
92 I used to play dartball in high school
93 When my children were young, I sang "All my Ex's" as a lullaby.
94 I was on the college swim team for a few weeks
95 I have never had an official swimming lesson
96 I and Rex Wachtel once drove to La Crosse to load up on Wiedemann beer.
97 I have an 1981 Suzuki GS750L motorcycle
98 I showed Cheviot sheep at the Wisconsin State Fair for like 6-7 years in a row.
99 I ran track in high school. - high and low hurdles mostly
100 I love the smell of fresh mowed hay.